Campfire behind a business | Fire blotter

Between Nov. 21 and Nov. 27, the Valley Regional Fire Authority responded to 329 calls for service, among them the following.

Nov. 21

CPR: 1:44 p.m. (Auburn). Responding to an unresponsive woman at her home, firefighters and King County Medic One discovered that family members had begun cardiopulmonary resuscitation under the guidance of Valley Communications Center. Firefighters and paramedics continued those resuscitation efforts, regaining a pulse and stabilizing the woman before Medic One transported her to a local hospital.

Nov. 22

Aid call: 11:22 a.m. (Auburn). Firefighters responded to a report of an elderly man who had fallen in his home and needed help getting up. Firefighters found the door locked and had no way to get to the fellow. When the crew contacted the man by phone, he confirmed he needed help and told firefighters to go ahead and force entry. When VRFA crews got in, they determined the man probably had a fracture near the top of his leg or hip, so they treated him, and a private ambulance transported him to MultiCare Auburn Medical Center.

Nov. 23

Shooting: 6:06 p.m. (Algona). Firefighters and King County Medic One responded to a person with a gunshot wound and found a teenage girl with a single wound to the leg. Firefighters treated the girl on the scene, and King County Medic One transported the girl to Harborview Medical Center in stable condition.

Nov. 25

Illegal burn: 7:28 a.m. (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a report of a transient campfire behind a business found a blazing pallet leaning against the exterior of a building. Firefighters extinguished the fire.

Nov. 26

Vehicle fire: 6:52 p.m. (Auburn). Firefighters responding to a fully involved vehicle fire in an apartment parking lot used a hand line to extinguish the fire. Personnel remained on the scene until a fire investigator arrived.

Nov. 27

Encampment fire: 9:31 a.m. (Pacific). Firefighters responding to a report of smoke in a wooded area hiked in about one quarter of a mile and found a temporary shelter on fire. The crew extinguished the fire and referred the scene to King County for investigation.